[omniORB] Memory leaks with a MFC application reported

Claudio Natoli claudio.natoli@memetrics.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 10:50:56 +1000

> > Richard Ziemerink wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have used omniORB 3.03 with a MFC application.  In the
> debug memory
> > leaks are reported in the omniORB libraries.  Has anybody
> had similiar
> > experiences?  What I am not sure of is if it is really
> memory leaks or
> > if it is just MFC reporting it incorrectly.
>
> The Visual Studio environment looks pretty broken, among others
> concerning
> the memory leak reporting. For one, it reports the leaks before global
> objects
> are destructed (i.e. at a point where it *can`t* know whether
> the memory
> leaks).
>
> Regards,
> 		Stefan

I've seen the same report generated when debugging one of our MFC/omniorb
applications in VC++.

FWIW, the amount of memory "leaked" does not seem to in any way increase
with respect to time/calls/objects/anything else, which would appear
consistent with Stefan's observation and our subsequent investigation.

Cheers,
Claudio