[omniORB] long long on SGI MIPSPro compilers

henning.schmidt@philips.com henning.schmidt@philips.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:12:47 -0500

I am using omniORB3.0.3 on SGI IRIX with the MIPSPro7.3.1.2 compiler
This compiler does support 64 bit integers (<long long> and <unsigned l=
ong long>). (BTW So did the 7.2.1 compiler too)

However the file CORBA_sysdep.h that comes with omniORB does not define=
 the HAS_LongLong for this compiler.
Thus I did the following modifications in that file (around line # 360)=

#elif defined (__sgi)
#if  _COMPILER_VERSION >=3D 721

// -------- beginning of my insertion
# define HAS_LongLong
# define _CORBA_LONGLONG_DECL long long
# define _CORBA_ULONGLONG_DECL unsigned long long
// --------- end of my insertion

# define HAS_Cplusplus_Namespace

Now I want to check with you if that is the right way to do it.=20
Whatever is the right way, you might also consider putting that into yo=
ur release branch for the future.

Thanks,
;Henning

THOMSON multimedia Broadcast Solutions=20
H. Henning Schmidt / Digital Film Applications
1000 W. Maude Ave, Sunnyvale, CA, 94085, USA
phone:    +1 (408) 617-5751  Fax: -7713
email:    henning.schmidt@philips.com

=