[omniORB] Interface repository

Timothy Docker timd@macquarie.com.au
Thu, 17 May 2001 10:58:06 +1000 (EST)

I would like to use the interface repository from client side python
code. Unfortunately, the _get_interface() method is not yet
implemented. Looking at the C++ code, it looks like it is implemented,
although

    //   Client side of CORBA::Object::_get_interface(). Only available if
    //   the Interface Repository stubs have been compiled in.

Under what circumstances are the IR stubs compiled in?

Would the be much work in implementing the method in python? I might
submit a patch if it were not too big a task.

Thanks,

Tim