[omniORB] Getting Exception when accessing IFR of Orbix 2.3from omniORB2_2.8pre2

Tue, 15 May 2001 14:32:56 +0100

On Tuesday 15 May, "Michael P. Miale" wrote:

> Is this still true of omniOrb 3.0?  I have been trying to get an omniOrb
> client to connect to an Orbix server without any luck at all so far.

Nothing has changed about the way omniORB 3 attempts to verify that
objects have the right type. Orbix is the thing with a problem here.
I'm sure more recent versions of Orbix are better.

It might be possible to work-around whatever problem you are seeing.
What exactly is going wrong?