[omniORB] abort problem with thread

kexin li kexin_li2001@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 12:57:04 -0700 (PDT)

In my application, I use thread mutex and condition
variable in omniORB303 with c++ mapping. The task is
simple. main process create three threads to connect
to remote object, main process block on condition
variable untill all the three threads finished their
task. But sometimes main process abort with no reason.
Because the task of remote object which thread invoked
is very time consumming(it takes around 1 or 2 hours),
I am wondering is it possible that process  will abort
if thread of omniORB application idle for a too long
time?
How can I trace the reason of abort? Can I catch it
with exception?

Thank you in advance.

kexin