[omniORB] Re: Multi-threaded clients

Peter-Rene Steiner peter-rene.steiner@bruker.de
Thu, 10 May 2001 10:17:47 +0200

Robert,

the problem described seems to be close to my problem discussed few weeks earlier.
I had this interoperability problem with JOB clients and omniORB servers.
There is a solution on the ORBacus side. Please have a look at the archive:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2001-03/0219.html
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2001-03/0220.html
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2001-03/0234.html

It used some time to find out and I also have discussed this with the OOC/IONA people.
The overall result is, this is not covered by the OMG specification
(as an optimistic person could imagine...). So the decision about
the threading/connection implementation is in the responsibility of the
CORBA vendors.

It is "too much detailed to be specified by the OMG document".
IMHO in real life "interoperability" is heavy affected by such "details".

Hope that helps,
Peter-Rene

Dr. Peter-René Steiner   .    * .    .
Software Department       B R U K E R      Voice:   +49 721 5161-451
Bruker Analytik GmbH      .   . .   .      Fax:     +49 721 5161-480
D-76287 Rheinstetten     .    * .    .     peter-rene.steiner@bruker.de