[omniORB] deadlock with distributed callback application

Tue, 08 May 2001 10:50:21 +0100

On Thursday 3 May, Lars Immisch wrote:

> I have disabled the LocationRequests via
> -ORBverifyObjectExistsAndType 0 and have since not run into any
> problems with deadlocks in my distributed callback application.

Hmm. There's clearly something bad going on. The use of LocateRequest
shouldn't cause any deadlocks. If possible, I think it would be worth
your while discovering what the problem is, rather than just masking
it by turning off LocateRequests. The problem might come back to bite
you later...