[omniORB] Sun Solaris 5.7 link errors?

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 18:51:42 -0400

In Message <20010503160831.A3868@mediaone.net> ,
   Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@mediaone.net> wrote:

=>On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 03:51:23PM -0400, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
=>
=>> Until compiler writers decide on a standard binary interface you can't
=>> mix code compiled
=>> with different compilers.
=>
=>The closest thing I have seen to a standard C++ ABI is the one
=>being developed for Intel's new IA-64 (Itanium) 64-bit processor:
=>http://reality.sgi.com/dehnert_engr/cxx/
=>
=>gcc 3.0 will conform to this ABI, but whether or not the dream
=>of "compile once, link everywhere" on IA-64 will work with
=>different compilers is yet to be seen.  And of course, there
=>is no such ABI under Solaris.

   FWIW, I understand something similar is being developed for the
PowerPC by IBM and friends.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon IT