[omniORB] Problim in compiling ORB2.8 in sparc solaris 2.6

Wed, 02 May 2001 12:21:05 +0100

On Monday 30 April, "Rajah, PushpamX" wrote:

> I wanted to compile omniORB2.8.0 in Sparc Solaris 2.6.

Are you using omniORB 2.8 for a particular reason?  If possible, it's
best to use 3.0.3.

> It has compiled successfully.  But when I try to run the following command
>
> "omniNames -start 6080"
>
> BOA_init falied: cannot use port 6080 to accept incoming IIOP calls.
> Abort (core dumped).

Do the example programs (in src/examples) work?  Try running eg1. If
that works, try eg2_impl and eg2_clt. If they work, the chances are
that port 6080 is in use by something else. If they fail, your omniORB
build is broken. Try running the failing examples with command line
-ORBtraceLevel 30. That should give some indication of where it's
going wrong.