[omniORB] Strange crash

Quinlan, Mike MQuinlan@idahopower.com
Tue, 1 May 2001 10:02:04 -0600

I got this error when I forgot to set any of the defines required by
omniORB.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:dgrisby@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 3:57 AM
To: mberry@mweb.co.za
Cc: omniORB; Asif Makwana
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Strange crash

On Friday 27 April, Matthew Berry wrote:

> If I step through the code, the particular line on which it crashes is in
my
> idl-generated skeleton file:
>
>     void*
>     VersionBroker::_objref_VBServer::_ptrToObjRef(const char* id)
>     {
>       if( !strcmp(id, CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId) )
> <--------- Crashes here

The CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId string is static within the omniORB
library, so it's difficult to see how it could be invalid unless
something has randomly corrupted it. The alternative explanation,
since you're using Windows, is that somehow the symbol has not been
properly exported from the omniORB DLL.

Can you try to cut your program down to a minimal version which shows
the problem?