[omniORB] servant destruction and ref counting

Tue, 01 May 2001 12:27:09 +0100

On Monday 30 April, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> hmm, an easy applet I wrote doesn't show the behavior I'm trying to
> eliminate.  What I'm seeing in my application is this:
>
> omniORB: Deactivating: root/IDL:Warsaw/WidgetKit:1.0#4<16777216>
> (has local refs).

That's not an error of any sort. It's just an informational message
that there were still active object references to the object when the
servant was deactivated. It doesn't prevent the servant object from
being deleted.

Local refs are any CORBA object references to the object in the same
address space. If you think you have already released all references
to the object, you must have a reference count leak. I'll think about
adding the tracing you want, but it's a bit awkward since the
reference counting is very much on the critical path.