[omniORB] Linux Server problems... again

Miguel mmiguel@arrakis.es
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:42:24 +0200

Hello.

I'm still having problems with my linux based server (I have Red Hat 7.0).
I'll try to explain my "new" problem (using the echo (eg3) example):
(server => 192.168.0.1   client => 192.168.0.2)

I start the Names Service on Linux with the following command:

omniNames -start 1234 -ORBpoa_iiop_name_port 192.168.0.1

and I execute:

eg3_impl

On the Windows machine, I execute the client:

eg3_clt

and the message I obtain is:

Caught system exception COMM_FAILURE -- unable to contact the object

So the problem I think is not with the Names Service...

I have the 'omniORB.cfg' file with: (with the environment variables
OMNIORB_CONFIG and OMNINAMES_LOGDIR
configured properly)

ORBInitialHost 192.168.0.1
ORBInitialPort 1234

And the register in windows with the values:

ORBInitialHost 192.168.0.1
ORBInitialPort 1234
(the same!!)

If I use the Windows machine as the server and the linux one as a cliente,
the example works perfectly (changing the values
of ORBInitialHost and executing the omniNames command on the windows
machine, of course)

Thank you very much in advance.

Bye!!