[omniORB] OmniOrb3.0 and foreign Naming Service

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:20:52 +0000

On Friday 23 March, erberj@post.ch wrote:

> our OmniOrb Client is using the BEA WLE Cos Nameing service. This
> works fine by entering the stringified IOR of this NS into
> omniorb.cfg.  May question now is: Is is also possibe to use a URL
> style IOR in omiorb.cfg doe indentify the foreign nameing service?

If the BEA ORB supports the interoperable naming service, then you can
just put

  ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::my.machine.name

in omniORB.cfg and it will work fine. If BEA doesn't support INS,
you'll have to stick with the IOR.