[omniORB] New features request

Cary O'Brien cobrien@Radix.Net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:20:13 -0500 (EST)

Someone was asking about new features a while back.  I've
got two suggestions (in order of decreasing sanity) I'll
throw out.

1. Be able to specify the IP address that an ORB binds
   to.  If you have a host on multiple lans, you may want some
   services available from one lan and some services available
   from another lan.   I guess this would be per-orb, and would
   apply to both clients and servers.

2. Be able to somehow control the IP address that gets incorporated
   into the object reference that goes back to the client.  The goal
   would be to be able to return, say, a firewall IP address to external
   clients, and an internal IP address to local clients.

-- cary