[omniORB] Java support

Cary O'Brien cobrien@Radix.Net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:01:36 -0500 (EST)

> On Wednesday 21 March, Barry Comer wrote:
>
> > Are there any plans for omniORB Java support and if so when?
>
> No, there are no current plans for Java support.

Hmm...  How far could you get with JPython/Jython?  I guess the
problem is the large C component of omniORB in omniORBpy.

In any case, omniORB seems to interoperate fine with JacORB, and
probably with the other java orbs as well.  At least I haven't run
into too many interoperability problems yet.  Note, however, that from
what I have read it is a good idea to stay away from the Orb that
comes with the jdk, so you may want to use a separate orb.

But if anyone wants to extend omniidl so it generates Java Bean code,
I'd be interested.

-- cary