[omniORB] MARSHAL exception

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:08:08 -0500

   You are probably running into omniORB's GIOP message size limit.
You can change this value yourself as specified in the documentation:

   http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/doc/3.0/omniORB/omniORB006.html#toc30

You might also consider changing your interface to pass the data
in chunks. If it makes sense for your application, this could reduce
the latency in processing the data (if you process some of the data
before all of it arrives) and the memory on both ends required to
buffer the message.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories

In Message <3AB7A7CE.1E58833C@hasar.com> ,
   Leandro Fanzone <leandro@hasar.com> wrote:

=>Hello. I'm using omni with huge sequences of some complex structure (~56000
=>records) and have the MARSHAL exception raised. In the reference I read:
=>
=>"A request or reply from the network is structurally invalid. This error
=>typically indicates a bug in either the client-side or server-side run time. For
=>example, if a reply from the server indicates that the message contains 1000
=>bytes, but the actual message is shorter or longer than 1000 bytes, the ORB
=>raises this exception. MARSHAL can also be caused by using the DII or DSI
=>incorrectly, for example, if the type of the actual parameters sent does not
=>agree with IDL signature of an operation."
=>
=>I don't know if this is a bug. I can perfectly reproduce it in my system, but
=>it's kinda complex to give you a stand alone simple application to do it
=>yourself. Do you have any ideas on how to attack the problem?
=>Thank you in advance for your help.
=>
=>Leandro Fanzone.
=>