[omniORB] Unexpected exception in _invoke (OmniORB303, WinNT4, VC++6SP4)

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:53:46 +0100

Hello,

We have switched C++ complex code (*) which use omniORB from 2.7.1 to 3,
3.0.2 and now 3.0.3 (keeping the BOA side in our code).
The code has been used correctly under 2.7.1, but we have other parts of
our project which use 3.xx and POA, so we tries to have only one version of
OmniORB installed.
The developer which works on this project says having used OmniORB 3.0
without problem.

But, with 3.0.2 or 3.0.3, we catch an unknown (elipsis handler) exception
in a call to a corba method via an object reference.

When we activate "-ORBtraceLevel 25 -ORBtraceInvocations", we get no
indication of this call neither of an error.
When we debug with MSCV++ debugger, we can follow methods calls until we
reach an _invoke call, then we wants to go deeper... the MS Developer
Studio crash )-:.

Here is the part of omniORB generated C++ skeleton file which make MSDev
crashing:

void InfoExpMod::_objref_Pilote::VideBufferLecture()
{
   _0RL_cd_8e7be6ad3848ebc8_e0000000
_call_desc(_0RL_lcfn_8e7be6ad3848ebc8_13000000, "VideBufferLecture", 18, 0);

   _invoke(_call_desc);
}

Does a problem like that awake a flashing light deeply hidden in the brain
of an omniORB user/developer ?

Thanks.

A+

Laurent.

(*) Multiple C++ DLLs, loaded manually, on top of which a CORBA layer has
been added.

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr  ou laurent.pointal@laposte.net