[omniORB] How to shut my Corba Server application in another thread?

Len Holgate (Mail List Account) Mail-lists@dial.pipex.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:42:36 -0000

> That is expected. If you have shut down the ORB, you can't use it any
> more. It might be nice if the CORBA spec had a function to wake up
> threads blocked in orb->run() without shutting the ORB down, but it
> doesn't. It's not hard to implement your own concurrency control to do
> it yourself.

Seems a shame that the orb cant be used up until destroy() is called, I
agree an orb->stop() call which just dropped you out of run() would be nice.

I got around the problem easily enough anyway.