[omniORB] performance

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
13 Mar 2001 14:18:36 +0000

While I'm sure TAO can offer good performance, I think the notion of real
time aware is more to do with bounded response time rather than fast.
There is no free lunch in this world, more functionality means more
overhead and less performance..

omniORB is quite quick, especially in bulk data transfer (i.e. the
arguments are sequence of bytes/integers etc). It is best to just do a test
yourself or consult one of many the web sites that gives ORB performance
comparisons.

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com