[omniORB] Using OmniORB3 omniNames from Java 1.3

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:07:19 +0000

On Wednesday 7 March, Harri Pasanen wrote:

> http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2000-07/0037.html
>
> there is a bug on Java 1.3 side of things.
>
> As it is harder for me to implement a work-around at Java side,
> I wonder if it would be feasible to put that "NameServiceA" as the
> object key in omniORB sources, or does something rely on it being
> "NameService" ?

The interoperable naming service relies on the object key being
"NameService", so it can't be changed. It may work to use omniMapper
to support "NameServiceA" as well, but the real fix is to get Sun to
fix the Java ORB (or for you to use a better Java ORB).