[omniORB] list_initial_services

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:41:10 +0000

On Wednesday 28 February, "Rajshekhar Kishtaiah Chintapalli" wrote:

[...]
>     According to my understanding the list_initail_services() should
> also give "NameService" as one of the ObjectIDS.

It should, but it depends on how you have configured omniORB. If you
have used the ORBInitialHost / ORBInitialPort configuration, omniORB
has no way of knowing what services are available until you ask for
them with resolve_initial_references(). If you use ORBInitRef
NameService=..., list_initial_services() will list NameService along
with the other things.

> And by the way does OmniORB support Trading Service.

omniORB does not come with a trading service. However, since the
trading service is just a set of CORBA objects, it can happily use
some other ORB's trading service.