[omniORB] How can I kown the file descriptor

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:02:22 +0000

On Monday 26 February, "GAO,YAN (HP-Singapore,ex3)" wrote:

> I understand that underling the connection in omniOrb is a socket.  Anybody
> could tell me how can I know the socket file descriptor?  By knowing this,
> I'd like to create a monitoring system when socket file descriptor is
> brocken.

There is no way to find out the file descriptors omniORB is using.
Even if there was, you couldn't use the knowledge to find out when
objects have gone away, since connections can be closed at any time
and reopened on demand.