[omniORB] omniORBpy Naming Service interop problem with TAO

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:11:57 -0500

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 02:32:59PM -0500, Gary D. Duzan wrote:
>    Am I missing something, or does this just mean that you need to
> "import _GlobalIDL"? If the location of the _GlobalIDL package is
> a problem, you can use the "-Wbpackage=x.y.z" omniidl option to set
> it to use "from x.y.z import _GlobalIDL" instead.

Hi Gary,

I think that was it.  I'm new to Python so importing _GlobalIDL slipped
me by.  Do you need to import a module in Python, even if you reference
an object in that module with a fully qualified name, ie.:

dist = obj._narrow( _GlobalIDL.foo )

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr