[omniORB] omniORBpy and multithreading

Sergio Murru s.murru@ns.fidia.it
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:31:01 +0200

Hi!

We're using Python embedded in a C++ application.
We run concurrent python scripts and to avoid the sharing of variables
we run each script after a call to Py_NewInterpreter().
This worked fine until we tried to use omniORBpy.
When we try to run more than one script implementing a CORBA server, the

from omniORB import CORBA, PortableServer

line in the second thread fails, reporting a

_omnipy.omni_func module not found.

Debugging the Python interpreter I found out that Python thinks of
_omnipy as package written in Python instead of a c extension module.

One question is: does omniORBpy uses the Python main dictionary in a
peculiar way?

I currently run out of ideas to solve this problem.

Any idea could be helpful!

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sergio Murru.