[omniORB] use of ofstream::attach

David Konerding dek@cgl.ucsf.EDU
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:41:24 -0700

While compiling the name service from omniORB 3, with the GNU libstdc++ I noticed
that the name service uses ofstream::attach, which libstdc++ no longer
provides.  According to our C++ guru, attach is not a standard part of ofstream.
His guess is that omni uses it because there is no ofstream method to express
synchronous writes.

I noticed the code was still in omniORB 4, but it's kind of a pain for us
to use it, since libstdc++ does not provide attach.  STLport does, and we're
using that for now but experimentation with libstdc++ and gcc 3.x shows that
we may be able to use that in the future.

Thanks,
Dave
David Konerding
Email: dek@cgl.ucsf.edu