[omniORB] Use of multiple NameServices

Petra Bieber Petra.Bieber@alcatel.de
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:50:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi All!

Is it possible to switch between different NamingServices
running at different hosts/ports without restarting the
client process?

I have the following network configuration:

  hostA  - client process

  hostB  - NameService1 running at port 2001
           servant1 running (has registered at
           NameService1)

  hostC  - NameService2 running at port 2002
           servant2 running (has registered at
           NameService2)

Note: Additionally, it is possible that servant1 is also running at
      hostC and servant2 at hostB.
      Furthermore, the number of NameServices/servants is changing
      dynamically. Consequently, I cannot predefine those values in
      omniORB's config file.

The client knows both the IP addresses and the port numbers of
the NameServices during runtime but not during its startup period.
It has to ask NameService1 for the object reference
of servant1 and NameService2 for the one of servant2.

Has anybody an idea how to implement this behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Petra