[omniORB] How can jacORB apps use omniNames?

Patrick Hubert hubert@discreet.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:31:22 -0400 (EDT)

This is definitely not omniorb related, but here is one potential answer:
you can either use the command line option:

-DORBInitRef.NameService=corbaloc::pisa:2809/NameService

or add the following entry in your jacorb_properties file:

ORBInitRef.NameService=corbaloc::pisa:2809/NameService

These use the corbaloc notation where you should replace "pisa"
 and "2809" with the machine name running the naming service and the port
used. You can use a stringified IOR instead if you prefer.

Warning: in our very limited experience, we have found that the omniorb's
naming service cannot run on the same machine where the JacORB client run.
The Java client throw some out of bound exception when trying the resolve
the naming service reference.

Good luck

 -Patrick