[omniORB] Minor buglets in OmniORB 4

Stephen Crawley crawley@dstc.edu.au
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:30:53 +1000

Here are some minor bug reports for the latest OmniORB 4.0 snapshot.
I'm building / running on Solaris 2.8 using gcc 2.95.3

  1)  My application will only build when compiled with -DUsePthreads.
      If it isn't the C++ compiler says

          "Implementation header file incomplete"

      for #include <omnithread.h>.  It looks like <omnithread/solaris.h>
      is missing a #define for OMNI_MUTEX_{LOCK,UNLOCK}_IMPLEMENTATION.

  2)  I have an IDL operation which uses "class" as a parameter name.
      This results in a header file which gives syntax errors.

  3)  The C++ compiler is wittering on about an unused variable
      called "op" in various _dispatch methods.

ir230SK.cxx: In method `bool CORBA::_impl_ModuleDef::_dispatch(omniCallHandle &)':
ir230SK.cxx:3472: warning: unused variable `const char * op'
ir230SK.cxx: In method `bool CORBA::_impl_TypedefDef::_dispatch(omniCallHandle &)':
ir230SK.cxx:4108: warning: unused variable `const char * op'
ir230SK.cxx: In method `bool CORBA::_impl_NativeDef::_dispatch(omniCallHandle &)':
ir230SK.cxx:4280: warning: unused variable `const char * op'

  4)  I had to change the libraries around to get my application to link.
      I now have to use

         -lomniDynamic4 -lomniORB4 -lomniAsyncInvoker -lomnithread -lomniGK_stub

      where previously, I used:

         -lomniORB3 -lomniDynamic3 -lomnithread -lomniGK_stub

      This isn't a bug I guess, but the README.unix file needs updating.
      And maybe you could roll libomniAsyncInvoker.a into libomniORB4 ?

But that's an amazingly small number of problems for prerelease and a
platform you don't test on!  Congratulations!!

-- Steve