[omniORB] Question about Gauge.py

W. Eliot Kimber eliot@isogen.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 09:24:59 -0500

Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> - does anyone know of a source of other GUI widgets which
>   could be used for instrumentation?  I'm interested in
>   switches, dials, and a scrolling line graph.

The wxPython package (www.wxpython.org) is a complete cross-platform GUI
framework for Python. You can do pretty much anything you'd want,
including integrating Windows ActiveX components (on Windows of course).
I don't know how well it integrates with things like GNOME. It's pretty
well documented and there's lots of sample code.

All of it's primitive widgets can be scripted with Python, so you could
use it to construct custom widgets that way, although it would probably
be more effective to implement non-trivial controls in C at the
wxWindows level.

Cheers,

Eliot

W. Eliot Kimber | Lead Brain

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX  78752
    T 512.656.4139 |  F 512.419.1860 | eliot@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m