[omniORB] FIXED: omniidl & win32 : syntax errors

Jonathan Maton jmaton@unf.edu
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:49:43 -0400 (EDT)

Just in case anyone was interested, I solved my problem.  A recap of my
problem: I'm on a windows 2000 box with Visual C++ 6 and was getting
"syntax error in definition" when trying to compile the sample .idl files
with omniidl.  My only fix was to use the -N option, which bypasses the
preprocessor.

The fix?  I am using a shell program named 4NT and in the start batch file
for this shell I was calling another batch file named vcvars32 to set up
my environment for visual c build tools.  That vcvars32 batch file prints
a message (something like "environment now set...").  Since omniidl calls
omnicpp to preprocess, it seems it opens another shell for that, and the
first line that omnicpp was thus parsing was "environment now set..."
Argh.  I had to take that call out of the batch file.

Anyway, fixed now.  Hope no one else runs into that.

/**
 * Jonathan Maton - jmaton@unf.edu
 * HUGE fan of Led Zeppelin, Jewel Kilcher, and Ford Mustangs
 * http://www.unf.edu/~jmaton
 */