[omniORB] Running the omniORBpy examples on HPUX11

Thorne, Adrian adrian.thorne@edl.uk.eds.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:25:25 +0100

I have now successfully built omniORB3.04 on HPUX11
and it all seems to work so many thanks for the help
on that one guys.

However, I also wish to build omniORBpy 1.4 since we are
developing software in C++ and Python that will be interfaced
using CORBA.

It seems that I have successfully built omniORBpy with omniORB3.04.
However, I cannot get any of the omniORBpy examples to run to test
it out. The problem seems to be when importing _omnipy. This I guess
is trying to import the dynamic link library _omnipymodule.sl.0 in
$TOP/lib/hppa_hpux_11.00.

I basically get:

ImportError: Failed to load $TOP/lib/hppa_hpux_11.00/_omnipymodule.sl

I have implemented David Tillers suggestion of adding -Wl,+s to all the
make files under $TOP/src/lib in his mail
HP-11.00 fix for 'unable to find shared library' problems
and I have checked that the link libraries look in $SHLIB_PATH. All this
seems
to be fine yet I still get the error.

Any Suggestions ???

PS I did notice when building omniORBpy that the following comes up when
compiling
common/pyMarshal.cc:

error "omniidl requires Python 1.5.2 or higher"

The thing is.......I am using Python 1.5.2 which I have downloaded from the
omniORB ftp
site.

Adrian Thorne
Air Systems