[omniORB] valuetype support?

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:09:15 +0100

On Monday 16 July, Tim Woodall wrote:

> I noticed in the archives a question regarding
> support of valuetype. At the time, this appeared
> to be a relatively low priority item. Any changes
> or plans to include valuetype support in omniORB4?

We have no firm plans for when valuetype will be supported. omniORB
4.0 will almost certainly not support it. It will be a big job, and
it's worth getting the other new features in omniORB 4.0 out as soon
as possible.

More and more specifications are requiring valuetype, so we'll have to
do it sooner or later. Perhaps in omniORB 4.1.