[omniORB] omniORB(py) on AIX

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 13:43:25 -0400

In Message <20010709185929.E32278@jsievers> ,
   Jan Sievers <jan.sievers@portal.com> wrote:

=>
=>Hi,
=>
=>is anyone out there who has successfully built and used
=>omniORB3.x/omniORBpy1.x on AIX4.3 with xlC 5.0x and python2.0?
=>If so, are there any patches, that have to be applied to
=>the omniORB (or python) sources?
=>Python and omniORB seem to work fine, but whenever we try
=>to use omniORBpy, we end up in core dumps that result from
=>calls to pthread_mutex_lock. Can anyone give us a hint?

   Unfortunately, AIX requires special treatment for loading C++
shared objects, and Python doesn't come with it enabled.  I'm
working on a new Python configuration setup which will handle things
properly, and I'll post the diffs against Python 2.0 when I have
verified that it works. I never did get the old way to work with
Python 2.1, but if I get this right, it should work, and work across
xlC versions, too. Then the trick will be to get the Python
maintainers to accept it for future versions.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon IT