[omniORB] Estimating Size of Ugly Nested Structs in Python

W. Eliot Kimber eliot@isogen.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:35:33 -0500

"W. Eliot Kimber" wrote:

> I am generating large hideously ugly nested structs. I wanted to confirm
> that the only ways in Python to determine the size of the Struct I'm
> returning (before it goes across the wire) is to either pickle the thing
> and see how big the pickle is or capture the size of the data I'm
> putting into the struct (which I'm currently attempting to do).

Follow up question: Is the size of a pickled struct a reasonable
estimate of the amount of data the ORB will have to transmit?

Thanks,

Eliot

W. Eliot Kimber | Lead Brain

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX  78752
    T 512.656.4139 |  F 512.419.1860 | eliot@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m