[omniORB] Persistent Objects Question

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:56:33 +0000

On Monday 29 January, jnye@micro-optics.com wrote:

[...]
> It indeed registers an IOR in a registration database, but when clients
> attempt to use the IOR, they get a COMM_FAILURE exception. If I change the
> myobject code to register the IOR each time it is started (which is
> undesirable), clients can access the server with no problem. In other words,
> the server's IOR is not persistent for some reason.

It looks like your code is doing all the right things, with one
important omission. You have to make sure that the server listens on
the same TCP port every time it starts up. To do that, use the
-ORBpoa_iiop_port command line argument. Your program can insert the
argument so it doesn't actually have to be on the command line. See
the omniNames or omniMapper source for how to do that.