[omniORB] Problems with eg3_impl and omniNames

Xie Shaoyun xsy@tonghua.com.cn
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:12:14 +0800

on 2001-02-21 Sandro Tolaini wrote:
>> I downloaded omniORB 3.0.2 and recompiled it under redhat 7.
>> When I started the little example eg3_impl,I found it blocked in
>bind_new_context() and no exception was raised. The tcp connection with
>omniNames was established normally. Who can help me solve this problem?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Have you upgraded to the latest gcc and glibc++ packages from RedHat? There
>is a known bug caused by a mutex not being released by the cout functions
>that brokes all the multithread-output programs.
>
>Cheers,
>  Sandro Tolaini

Since I had upgraded to glibc-2.2-12 before, the bug you mentioned should have been cleared.
And because eg1 and eg2_clt/eg2_impl works well, I think the problem maybe was caused by something
about omniNames or it's configration. But I don't know what exactly caused this.

Regards,

Xie Shaoyun