[omniORB] namingservice viewer

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:05:47 -0500

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 10:48:43PM +0100, Gnanasekaran Thoppae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use omniORBpy for my corba client programming.
>
> I have an IOR for a nameserver (non-omniorb). I would like to view
> the instances of the objects that are registered with that nameservice.
>
> How do i do it in CORBA, using either omniORB or omniORBpy?

If you can convert that IOR to a CORBA::Object and then downcast
it to a roto naming context, you can probably iterate through the
nameservice, using techniques in the sample code
located in src/appl/utils/nameclt directory of omniorb.

It should be easy to port that code to omniORBpy for a python client.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr