[omniORB] missing exceptions?

garfield-omniorb@irving.iisd.sra.com garfield-omniorb@irving.iisd.sra.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:03:21 -0500

Duncan Grisby writes:
 > On Monday 3 December, garfield-omniorb@irving.iisd.sra.com wrote:
 >
 > > I am using the omni3_develop branch of the CVS version of omniORB, and
 > > have looked at the 3.0.4 release as well.  I have found that system
 > > exceptions INV_POLICY and CODESET_INCOMPATIBLE, as specified in
 > > Sections 3.17.1, 3.17.1.30, and 3.17.1.31, are missing.
 >
 > Those are recent additions to the spec. They are present in omniORB
 > 4. If you need to use them in omniORB 3, add them to the list at the
 > end of (the misnamed) include/omniORB3/userexception.h.

Well, I will admit I have been reading 2.3.1, but I just fetched 2.3
(from http://cgi.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?formal/1998-12-01) and it seems
to have the same exceptions.

Actually, the only reason I even tried to use them is that I needed
some why to output what exception had occurred in my program.  So I
tried "_downcast()"ing a SystemException to every CORBA 2.3 system
exception type, so I could print which one it actually was.  It
worked, except for the two exceptions mentioned above.

--David