[omniORB] WString Marshalling Error?

Ken Feuerman kfeuerma@adobe.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:47:13 -0700

I'm using omniORB4, snapshot of 15-Aug-2001.  In the implementation of the
function TCS_W_UTF_16::marshalWString() (in the source file cs-utf-16.cc),
there's a comment:

   // Just to be different, wstring is marshalled without a terminating
   // null. Length is in octets.

Is this right?  When trying to make a call to a method with a wstring
parameter, and when the servant is implemented using a different ORB, I'm
getting an IDL:omg.org/CORBA/MARSHAL:1.0 exception back from the
servant.  Everything I've been able to find so far (CORBA 2.3 spec, Henning
and Vinoski) seems to state that the terminating null SHOULD be included
with the wstring.

Thanks for your help!

--Ken Feuerman.
Adobe Systems, Inc.