[omniORB] Re: [omniNotify] Core dump while pushing structured event

Mark Zimmerman markzimm@frii.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:49:00 -0600

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 03:10:37PM +0100, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Friday 17 August, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
>
> [...]
> > The last orb trace message is:
> > omniORB: throw UNKNOWN from giopClient.cc:495
>
> That shows that the client received the UNKNOWN exception over the
> network. You should run the server with -ORBtraceLevel 10, to see
> where the UNKNOWN is thrown.
>
> You didn't make it clear what is dying due to the UNKNOWN exception.
> Whatever it is, you need to turn the tracing on at the server it is
> communicating with.

My client program was crashing because I failed to catch the
exception. I have fixed this and another test run is in progress with
ORBtraceLevel = 10 in the client and in notifd and omniNames. It has
been running fine for three days now so perhaps I'll get the exception
again in a few more days... (sigh)

-- Mark