[omniORB] Which is the best Java ORB for accessing omniORB?

Attila.Pletyak@anemosky.com Attila.Pletyak@anemosky.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:35:29 +0200

Hello,

     We ran into a situation that we have Linux web servers with a very old
C lib, on which the CGI programs should access the services of omniORB 2.8
servants, running on Linux computers with a newer C lib. The very old means
the followings:

     version of gcc is 2.7.2.1
     No egcs, g++ or cplusplus program found.

     We are looking around for the possibilities of overcoming this
problem. With an other project we used ORBit, but it looked to implement
the CORBA short types as a 4-byte variable rather than a 2 byte one as in
omniORB. (Actually I did not check if this was the real sit or not, but my
collegaues changed the short types to long types and the project worked.)

     So right now I am thinking in terms of a Java ORB. Does someone has
any experience on which is the best Java ORB to run, which can be also used
with quite an old C lib.

     Thanks in advance,

     Attila Pletyak
     Anemo Ltd.