[omniORB] omniorb 2.8 and 3.01

bruno PATIN bruno.patin@dassault-aviation.fr
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:58:26 +0200

Il s'agit d'un message multivolet au format MIME.
--------------413F86B3A89A944CCF99BD95

David Riddoch a =E9crit :

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, bruno PATIN wrote:
>
> > I have two applications. One runs with omniorb 2.8 and the other with
> > omniorb 3.01. Is there a possibility with one definition of
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make them work together (they must cooperate) ?
>
> Just put both 'lib' directories in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  The library na=
mes
> for omniORB 2.8 and 3.01 are different, so there should be no problem. =
 In
> fact you could put all the libraries together in one directory.

I saw something else. When I try to run an old application, there had bee=
problems because of mixing names when loading the dynamic libraries. In o=
rder
to solve them I was obliged to write a script for each application that
redefines the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and the default path for the
configuration file of omniorb (/etc/omniORB.cfg by default). That's not t=
oo
practical.

Bruno

--------------413F86B3A89A944CCF99BD95

begin:vcard=20
n:Bruno;Patin
tel;fax:0147115365
tel;work:0147115854
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Dassault Aviation;D=E9partement de la Prospective
adr:;;78 quai Marcel Dassault;Saint Cloud;;92552;France
version:2.1
email;internet:bruno.patin@dassault-aviation.fr
title:Ing=E9nieur R&D
fn:Patin Bruno