[omniORB] First remote connection failing on NT

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:33:03 +0100

On Tuesday 12 September, Le Snelson wrote:

> I have a client / server running fine under Windows NT 4.0 on a single
> machine.  The nameservice running in a DOS window.  When I move the
> client off to another machine with the appropriate registry updates, the
> client attempts to connect but receives a SystemException COMPLETED_NO
> and minor status 0.  I see the First Chance exception in the server
> debugger.

I don't understand the last sentence. Do you mean that the server dies
in some way?  Can you run both server and client with command line
arguments of -ORBtraceLevel 20, and send the output. With any luck,
that will show where the problem is occurring.

By the way, it is useful if you say which omniORB version you are
using.