[omniORB] dublicate headers in omniORB_302.tar.gz

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:15:32 +0100

On Thursday 19 October, Harri Pasanen wrote:

> omni/include/omniORB3/CORBA_basetypes.h
> omni/include/omniORB3/CORBA_sysdep.h
> omni/src/tool/omniidl/cxx/CORBA_basetypes.h
> omni/src/tool/omniidl/cxx/CORBA_sysdep.h
>
> I wonder if the omniidl/cxx versions of the headers really should be
> there?

It's not an accident that they are there. omniidl does need to have a
slightly different set of system dependencies from the rest of the
ORB. It is, however, rather ugly that they have the same names as the
ones in include/omniORB3, and largely the same contents. The current
arrangement stems partly from the fact that omniidl has to work with
omniORB 2.8, for use with omniORBpy, as well as with omniORB 3.0.

Cleaning up the omniidl system dependencies is something I've been
meaning to do, but I haven't got around to it yet. I doubt it will
happen in the 3.0 tree. For now you'll just have to live with it.