[omniORB] omniorb and omniorbpy speed

Timothy Docker timd@macquarie.com.au
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 22:05:53 +1100 (EST)

Sai-Lai Lo writes:

 > To make a fair comparision, why not compile omniORB 3.0.2 with CC 4.2,
 > under the same optimisation?

It took me long enough to get it to work with gcc :-( Seriously
though, I'd be happy if the speed of omniorbpy was closer to that of
omniorb C++, where the compiler is consistent anyway.

I just threw in the comparison with orbacus for my own
interest. Perhaps the compilers have something to do with the
difference, and also the threading models - the orbacus sample
was unthreaded.

In any case, I'd love to know why the python stuff is so much slower
when, by initial appearances, most of the implementation is in C++.

Thanks,
Tim