[omniORB] Omniorb tunnel

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
27 Nov 2000 11:25:57 +0000

ssh is like a swiss knife. It can do a lot of things. In addition to using
it like a shell replacement, you can also set it up to relay data send to a
local port to another port on the remote machine. In doing so, data are
sent encrypted across the network.

To use ssh in the ORB context, say to talk to a server listening on machine X
port Y, one has to fire up ssh to connect to machine X and also tell it to
redirect data sent to port Z on the local host to X's port Y.
In order to make use of this feature, the ORB runtime on the client side
must know that in order to talk to machine X port Y, it has to connect to
local port Z. That is why I said one has to modify the ORB runtime to do
so.

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--