[omniORB] Omniorb tunnel

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
27 Nov 2000 11:16:32 +0000

> Actually, I think you CAN.  You can use the ORB commandline parameters for
> initial host and initial port to point to machine X port Y, then you make a
> tunnel from Machine X and port Y to the REAL port.  It is quite similar to
> poking a hole through a firewall to get at objects.  You make the software
> behave as if it is running on the firewall machine.

But you do not have end-to-end security/encryption with this scheme. All
you have is to have ssh between your server side machines. You client is
doing plain tcp/ip to the machine you export the address and port number.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com