[omniORB] Moving to omniORB

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
23 Nov 2000 14:00:26 +0000

> I've built on Alpha OSF with no problems. I had posted a note about a
> omniORB usage of gethostbyname. Check
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2000-05/0064.html for
> details.

> This bug has not been fixed yet in the omniORB code. Make sure to fix it
> before using it.

Thanks for the reminder. The fix is now checkin to the omniORB 3.0 and 2.8
CVS branches. You can get the tree snapshot and the patch file in the usual
place. Also I've checked in a new platform file for Tru64 5.0.

> 2. I am using MICO interceptors. I know that MICO 2.3.x interceptors are =
no
> CORBA 2.3 compliant, so, if i want to use other ORB, i need to implement
> them again. Is there any kind of interceptors in omniORB?, if not, can i
> solve this with other mechanism?, where can i find omniORB documentation
> about this themes?

No, interceptors is not implemented in omniORB 3.0 or earlier. Depend on
what you need, it may simply be a matter of modifying the source at the
right place. If you can explain specifically what you need, may be I can
point you to where to put in your changes.

(Portable) interceptors will likely to debut in omniORB 4.0 currently under
development. If you want to see what is going on, checkout the
omni4_0_develop branch from our CVS respository.=20

Sai-Lai

--=20
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com=
=20
24a Trumpington Street                Tel:   +44 1223 343000
Cambridge CB2 1QA                     Fax:   +44 1223 313542
ENGLAND