[omniORB] Gnome + omniORB

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:48:49 -0500

Nick Belshaw wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has had success using omniORB with Gnome
> ORBit.
>
> I have what I think is an operating system and can connect omniORB
> to the gnome-name-service and see the naming tree.
>
> However -
> If I try to compile gnome-IDL files using omniidl I get Syntax errors.

could you be more specific ? What file ? Or better, could you post a
code snipped that is apparently wrong ?

> Also - if something is not present in the naming tree - how do
> I activate it?

Read the CosNaming specs.

> Am I correct in presuming I need OAF? - if so how do I access it?

what do you need OAF for ? Certainly not to run omniORB apps.

> sorry if the questions are dumb - I'm just a user really.

It would help if you'd describe in detail what you are trying to do.
What IDL are you trying to process with omniidl, and how do you imagine
omni and orbit to collaborate...

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique