[omniORB] Extraction of Struct from Any

Monceaux, Weston P ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor Weston.P.Monceaux@erdc.usace.army.mil
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:02:33 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C053D4.77838DBA

On Tuesday 21 November, "Duncan Grisby" wrote:

> What memory access violation do you get?  Do you get something about
> crtIsValidHeapPointer?  If so, the problem is that you are mixing
> debug and non-debug code. If your application is compiled with
> debugging, you must use the debug version of the omniORB libraries.

Thanks for the information.  It is a crtIsValidHeapPointer error.  And
before submitting this question, I checked everything to be sure that I was
using debug versions of all the omniorb libraries.  I have been out of touch
with Visual C++ for a couple of versions, so is there something I am missing
with setting up something as debug?  Are their other MS-specific libs that
should be replaced with debug counterparts that are not done automatically
by VC++?

The following are the omniorb libs that I have linked to, with the last one,
FSLib, being one that I have created (compiled as a debug version linked
against the listed omniorb debug libs):

omniDynamic302_rtd.lib omniORB302_rtd.lib omnithread2_rtd.lib FSLib.lib

Is there something that I have omitted?  Also would it be better if I
recompiled omniorb myself?  Would that have any (beneficial) effect?

I know this is likely slipping from an omniorb-related issue to my ignorance
of DLL management, so I apologize for wasting anyone's time.  I would,
however, be most grateful for any pointers.

Thanks,
Weston Monceaux

------_=_NextPart_001_01C053D4.77838DBA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>RE: [omniORB] Extraction of Struct from Any </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>On Tuesday 21 November, &quot;Duncan Grisby&quot; =
wrote:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; What memory access violation do you get?&nbsp; =
Do you get something about</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; crtIsValidHeapPointer?&nbsp; If so, the problem =
is that you are mixing</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; debug and non-debug code. If your application =
is compiled with</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; debugging, you must use the debug version of =
the omniORB libraries.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks for the information.&nbsp; It is a =
crtIsValidHeapPointer error.&nbsp; And before submitting this question, =
I checked everything to be sure that I was using debug versions of all =
the omniorb libraries.&nbsp; I have been out of touch with Visual C++ =
for a couple of versions, so is there something I am missing with =
setting up something as debug?&nbsp; Are their other MS-specific libs =
that should be replaced with debug counterparts that are not done =
automatically by VC++?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>The following are the omniorb libs that I have linked =
to, with the last one, FSLib, being one that I have created (compiled =
as a debug version linked against the listed omniorb debug =
libs):</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>omniDynamic302_rtd.lib omniORB302_rtd.lib =
omnithread2_rtd.lib FSLib.lib </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is there something that I have omitted?&nbsp; Also =
would it be better if I recompiled omniorb myself?&nbsp; Would that =
have any (beneficial) effect?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I know this is likely slipping from an =
omniorb-related issue to my ignorance of DLL management, so I apologize =
for wasting anyone's time.&nbsp; I would, however, be most grateful for =
any pointers.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Weston Monceaux</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C053D4.77838DBA--